The primary purpose of GIVE (Giving Independence Via medical Equipment) is to loan durable medical equipment to people with short- or long-term disability needs. This is to enhance the person’s mobility independence as well as physical and spiritual well-being. A wide range of items are available from GIVE, from hospital beds and wheelchairs to canes and walkers.
GIVE also provides disposable incontinence soft goods at no charge to individuals and donates equipment, disposable soft goods and medical supplies (such as bandages and orthopedics) to domestic and international Christian organizations.
How GIVE works…
- Durable medical equipment is donated to GIVE or is purchased with grants and financial contributions.
- The donated equipment is sanitized and serviced as needed.
- A person in need requests an item by filling out the form below, telephone or office visit. A written verification of the recipient’s need is required for some durable medical equipment and must be authored by a health care professional or church pastor.
- The requested item is selected from the GIVE warehouse and is loaned to the recipient after proper documentation is completed and signed.
- The equipment is provided for the duration of the need, with the expectation that it be returned to GIVE when the recipient no longer has a need. It will then be sanitized and serviced so it can be loaned to another person in need.
- The procedure for obtaining disposable soft goods is similar, with a once-a-month limit.
Become a servant or donor!
You are invited to participate in the ministry of GIVE by:
- Donating durable medical equipment, disposable soft goods and medical supplies.
- Serving at the GIVE facility. A large variety of short- and long-term opportunities are available, including clerical, equipment cleaning and servicing, warehousing and facility maintenance.
- Serving in off-site support, such as equipment pick-up and delivery.
- Donating financially—to support the operation, purchasing, repairing and cleaning of equipment.